On flights between Ireland and Continental Europe you can now “lock” your fare for 24 hours while you confirm your plans. If your plans dont work out you can cancel them. The service costs €5, however if you go ahead with the plans that ammount is deducted from the overall cost. I think this is a great idea and would love to see it on the UK flights too.
Price Lock Terms and Conditions
- The Pricelock fee will be offset against the total cost of the trip.
- The Pricelock fee is per passenger per one way flight.
- If you do not confirm the booking within the 24 hours the Pricelock fee is forfeited.
- Pricelock fee is charged per passenger per flight.
- Flights and Fares can be reserved for a period of 24 hours only.
- Bookings must be confirmed with a full payment before the expiry time/date specified otherwise the booking is cancelled and the fee is forfeited.
- Infants (under 2 years) are exempted from the Pricelock fee.
- Aer Lingus reserves the right to offer this service on certain flights/routes.
- Pricelock bookings cannot be cancelled prior to expiry date (24 hours).
- Pricelock bookings are non transferable and no changes are allowed prior to a confirmation with a full payment. After the full payment, the standard fare rules apply for each fare type.
- Vouchers cannot be used to make or confirm a Price Lock or Deposit booking.